1. EFSA Health Claim: Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal nails
2. EFSA Health Claim: Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
3. EFSA Health Claim: Zinc contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
4. Sharma S, Poddar R, Sen P, Andrews J. Effect of vitamin C on collagen biosynthesis and degree of birefringence in polarization sensitive optical coherence tomography (PS-OCT). African Journal of Biotechnology. 2008;7(12).
5. EFSA Health Claim: Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin
6. EFSA Health Claim: Copper contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
7. EFSA Health Claim: Vitamin C contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
8. EFSA Health Claim: Copper contributes to normal hair pigmentation
9. EFSA Health Claim: Copper contributes to normal skin pigmentation
10. Thiele JJ, Ekanayake-Mudiyanselage S. Vitamin E in human skin: organ-specific physiology and considerations for its use in dermatology. Mol Aspects Med. 2007;28(5-6):646-67.
11. Richelle M, Sabatier M, Steiling H, Williamson G. Skin bioavailability of dietary vitamin E, carotenoids, polyphenols, vitamin C, zinc and selenium. The British journal of nutrition. 2006;96(2):227-38.
12. Naylor EC, Watson RE, Sherratt MJ. Molecular aspects of skin ageing. Maturitas. 2011;69(3):249-56.
13. EFSA Health Claim: Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
14. Schwartz SR, Park J. Ingestion of BioCell Collagen((R)), a novel hydrolyzed chicken sternal cartilage extract; enhanced blood microcirculation and reduced facial aging signs. Clinical interventions in aging. 2012;7:267-73.
15. Biocell(r) Collagen Benefits | Biocell Collagen”. Biocellcollagen.com. N.p., 2016. Accessed web 10 March 2016. www.biocelltechnology.com/products/biocell-collagen.
16. Hoppe U, Bergemann J, Diembeck W, Ennen J, Gohla S, Harris I, et al. Coenzyme Q10, a cutaneous antioxidant and energizer. BioFactors (Oxford, England). 1999;9(2-4):371-8.
17. Inui M, Ooe M, Fujii K, Matsunaka H, Yoshida M, Ichihashi M. Mechanisms of inhibitory effects of CoQ10 on UVB-induced wrinkle formation in vitro and in vivo. BioFactors (Oxford, England). 2008;32(1-4):237-43.
18. Schulz C, Obermuller-Jevic UC, Hasselwander O, Bernhardt J, Biesalski HK. Comparison of the relative bioavailability of different coenzyme Q10 formulations with a novel solubilizate (Solu Q10). International journal of food sciences and nutrition. 2006;57(7-8):546-55.
19. Kidd P. Astaxanthin, cell membrane nutrient with diverse clinical benefits and anti-aging potential. Alternative medicine review : a journal of clinical therapeutic. 2011;16(4):355-64.
20. Tominaga K, Hongo N, Karato M, Yamashita E. Cosmetic benefits of astaxanthin on humans subjects. Acta biochimica Polonica. 2012;59(1):43-7.
21. Rostan EF, DeBuys HV, Madey DL, Pinnell SR. Evidence supporting zinc as an important antioxidant for skin. International journal of dermatology. 2002;41(9):606-11.
22. Mock DM. Skin manifestations of biotin deficiency. Seminars in dermatology. 1991;10(4):296-302.
23. (EFSA) EFSA. EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies (NDA); Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to selenium and maintenance of normal hair (ID 281), maintenance of normal nails (ID 281), protection against heavy metals (ID 383), maintenance of normal joints (ID 409), maintenance of normal thyroid function (ID 410, 1292), protection of DNA, proteins and lipids from oxidative damage (ID 1292), and maintenance of the normal function of the immune system (ID 1750) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal. 2010;8(10):1727.
24. EFSA Health Claim: Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal hair
25. EFSA Health Claim: Selenium contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
26. EFSA Health Claim: Biotin contributes to the maintenance of normal hair
27. EFSA Health Claim: Selenium contributes to the maintenance of normal nails
Solgar® is a registered trademark.
Nutri-Nano™ is a registered trademark of Aquanova AG.
Ester-C® is a registered trademark of The Ester-C® company.
BioCell Collagen II® is a registered trademark of BioCell Technology, LLC.
†Compared to traditional powdered CoQ-10.
Food supplements are intended to be used as part of a normal varied balanced diet and lifestyle.